If you want to check your placement test result,
click here .
Having problems? Contact
Looking for American Sign Language? If you need to take the ASL placement test, you should contact
the Academic Coordinator of ASL, Peggy Lott at email@example.com.
Placement Test for French / German / Spanish / Italian
Who should take this placement test:
- you have been admitted or are currently enrolled at UCSD.
- you have had previous study or exposure to the relevant language.
The purpose of this test is:
- to help your college advisor to place you in the appropriate language
course at UCSD.
- to have follow-up discussion with an advisor or language coordinator,
You will have 45 minutes to take the exam.
Make sure you have enough time to complete it, since you may take the exam only once.
However, if you can't submit your answers due to a technical problem,
you will be able to start the test over.
How to register and take the exam:
- Select your language.
- Fill out a background questionnaire.
- Take the actual placement test.
This placement test questionnaire asks two types of questions: those about your background and experience with the language and those that try to determine your ability level in the language. You pledge to answer both types of questions in an honest, responsible and trustworthy manner.
I understand that the integrity of this test depends on me. I will not take any action that will compromise this integrity.
- For questions about my background and experience, I will answer accurately and will not try to exaggerate, hide or minimize relevant information.
- For questions probing my ability in the language, I will answer naturally and spontaneously and will not try to "play dumb" or otherwise misrepresent my true ability.
Copyright 1997 - 2013, UCSD Linguistics Department. All rights reserved.
Send comments or bug reports to